Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Road Contrast

The Road is the first type of apocalyptic story I've read. I don't usually read science fiction so I don't have anything really to compare it to. Even though I've never read anything in the same setting, many things crossover in other stories. The man and son's relationship is one with bumps, but they ultimately love one another a lot. Many stories have a tight relationship in it whether that be a love story or not. The main characters are also on a journey. Their journey is long and tough, but their perseverance and determination makes up for that. Maybe it's not always a literal journey a character takes, but most often a character experiences some kind of change. When a character changes internally it makes the story interesting to read. Just because I don't have anything to compare The Road to, it's overall story line had many similarities with other books.

To switch gears, I'd figure I would give my feed back on the seminar today. I love that we incorporated technology into the lesson. We all love to tweet so it was cool to give feedback on our phones. I also really liked the open debate. I would definitely suggest to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment