Thursday, October 4, 2012

Senior Year

 
 
Going into senior year, I was expecting the light homework load and carefree life that senior year usually brings. Well, to say the least, it hasn't been all that easy. I only have three classes and a peer tutor. The other four blocks I am doing community service at Clays Mill elementary school. It has been really nice to see my past teachers and it's really weird to be on the other side of things. I help out in the art room so I see third and first graders. My boss or site leader is very nice, I lucked out in that area. It's nice to be treated as an adult there and to be respected. On top of my few classes, college is stressing me out big time. Not to mention the ACT. To say the least, I will be very happy when all these events pass over. I am at the point in my life where I just want to start a new chapter of my life and high school is holding me back. I know I should savor the last year I have as a high school student, but right now it isn't very much fun. Hopefully after registering for college and deciding where I want to go, some of the stress will be lifted off of my shoulders. I have been told, it doesn't get much easier after high school and you have a lot more things to be concerned about, but right now I am just looking forward to a fresh new start.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you about the fresh start. I kind of looked at senior year as a fresh start in some ways but I find myself not wanting to deal with anything between now and next fall. It's hard to enjoy senior year just because we are in such a rush to get it over with. But I bet by may we will all be crying about how those last few years went by so fast and how nobody want it to be the end. :)

    ReplyDelete