Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Rover Play

I enjoyed watching the play during this class time. A few things stuck out to me during the play. The language was pretty hard to understand and it didn't really help that a few of the actors didn't know their lines. It was hard to process their lines as they were saying them, it was kind of like reading subtitles. The topic that the play was on was kind of strange to be acted out in high school. I thought the plot was predictable and I expected for all of the couples to end up together. The costumes were very cool and I thought that they resembled the time period very well. I also thought that the set was executed well. It was cool how the two different platforms could be wheeled around to switch the rooms. I thought that the actors played out their roles very realistically. The subject of wanting a relationship that a person cannot have has been done before. Yes, the play was written in the 1800s so or was probably a new story during that time. The sword fighting really added a nice element to the play. It was kind of too staged because it didn't look realistic. Overall I was really happy to eat out of class and see my fellow classmates preform.

No comments:

Post a Comment